This is a barrier made of a mesh netting that is attached to the top of a fence, which prevents cats from climbing over by making it difficult for them to get a foothold. This is a more affordable option that can be used to keep cats contained. Mesh netting can be unsightly and may negatively impact the aesthetic of your backyard.
5 Reasons not to use mesh for your cat fence
- It may not be durable and may need to be replaced frequently.
- It can also be costly to maintain and install.
- It may not be effective in preventing all cats from containing your yard, as some cats may be able to climb over or squeeze through the netting.
- It can also restrict the movement of birds and other wildlife, negatively impacting the local ecosystem.
- It can also be harmful to the cat if it gets stuck in the mesh.
There are many different types of cat fence toppers available on the market, each with their own unique features and benefits.
With a variety of options available, it's important to consider the size and behavior of your cat, as well as the specific needs of your environment. It's also important to keep in mind that a cat's safety and welfare should always be considered when looking for a containment solution, and it's always best to consult with a veterinarian or a professional before making a decision.